Monday, September 14, 2009

After Ike - 1 year later ! We remember






Yesterday I attended the community "We Remember" celebration held at our town Community Center. Also attending this event was Texas Congressman Kevin Brady (pictured).
He is a very nice man and really has been instrumental in BC Recovery efforts ...he worked hand in hand with our mayor and other county officials after Hurricane Rita and Ike. Ya, you know Rita...the one that hit right after Katrina......that hit us dead on too!!!!!


Yesterday I posted pictures of the storm damage at our home several days after the storm


I have finally started hanging things up and making it OUR home again. I wanted to make a inviting entry for my guest.



The picture frame is too large ...it will be moved. But how cute would this candle be??????
A new lady in blog land is doing a give away of one of her and her sister's favorite fall candle! Why don't you go and welcome her to blogland !!!!!! http://lovinlifeasapastorswife-cyndi.blogspot.com/2009/09/fall-candle-giveaway.html









1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and posting about my giveaway on your blog. I'm now following you and loved reading your blog. So glad you all are doing well after Hurricane Ike.

    ReplyDelete